Connecting Microsoft Social Engagement to Dynamics 365
It is no longer news that social media are now taking a prominent role in how we communicate and relate, and they also influence our daily activities and critical decisions making. It is imperative for organizations to examine their current social engagement strategies and determine how to better align their activities to meet their goals.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Social Engagement, together, have the power to power both your marketing efforts and social media presence to truly allow you to do more, faster.
Let us talk about how they work together and what can be achieved with the integration.
What Is Social Engagement?
Microsoft Social Engagement is simply about how you use social networks such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter to build a great customer experience. Using Dynamics 365 online and Dynamics 365 on-premise with Internet-facing deployment (IFD) enabled, the social post gets linked to a Dynamics 365 record in Social Engagement.
This application provides access to tools that allow you to monitor your social media posts and create a full customer experience by allowing CRM records, such as leads, opportunity, and cases to be created directly from social posts.
With this integration, data can be automatically captured in Social Engagement and then move into Dynamics 365, either automatically or manually
What Features Are Available with Social Engagement?
Some of the exciting features available with Social Engagement include:
Social Selling Assistant
With Social Selling Assistant, you can personalize your social media experience, discover and share posts that are of interest to your audience. The more inputs you provide to the system, the more it can learn and the more relevant posts it can recommend. It is a very key tool for sales people, as it empowers them to sell more and grow their network on social media
The sentiment feature helps to make market interaction easier. The sentiment maps allow you to search certain keywords, campaigns, or products to automatically display a map of where these words are used in real-time conversations. It provides maps that you can use to search for areas where your product are, and whether they are getting positive, negative, or neutral feedback.
This tool displays the overall number of people talking about your company on social media and breaks down the overall number to show which platforms they are posting on. You can also drill down further to get more specific data, listing the details of the posters and ranking them by the number of posts they have made about your company. It is a great feature to have when determining how much time to allocate to a specific social platform.
How Does the Integration Benefit Your Organization?
- Social posts can be easily assigned and routed to the desired person in the company right from Dynamics 365; this helps to make your marketing team efficient.
- Provides real-time data on how customers interact through social media.
- Strengthens your company’s online reputation with improved response time and interactions with online users.
- Allows your marketing team to do more faster and provides boosts in company sales, improved social media presence, etc.
- Measures the level of interaction of users when you publish posts, such as viewing the responsive tweets to your posts and whether users follow the prompt that the post is giving in line with your campaign in Dynamics 365.
- Increases the effectiveness of your sales team through automation creation of leads and cases from social posts.
- Listens everywhere and understands how people really feel about your business and how you stack up against your competitors.
What Are the Prerequisites to Connect Social Engagement to Dynamics 365?
To use Social Engagement, you must have an Office 365 subscription and be set up as a Social Engagement user by your Office 365 administrator. This means that your organization also needs to have a license for Social Engagement.
To integrate your Dynamics 365 (online) with Social Engagement, ensure that both services are part of the same organization’s Office 365 subscription. If you have licenses assigned to both Dynamics 365 (online) and Social Engagement, you will find both products in the Office 365 app launcher.
How Can You Connect Social Engagement to Dynamics 365?
Connecting Social Engagement to Dynamics 365 is quite easy. To connect, do the following:
- In Microsoft Social Engagement, go to Settings > Connections > Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- Click the Add connection button.
- Select the Connection type from the drop-down list.
- Provide the connection information for your Dynamics 365 (online) instance.
- Click Next.
- The Dynamics 365 Instance pane opens and shows you the details about the connected instance if the connection is successful.
Integrating Dynamics 365 with Microsoft Social Engagement offers a company the ability to engage with its employees, consumers, and communities via social media. With this collaboration, vital social needs, business objectives, and stakeholder expectations can be addressed right from Dynamics 365.
When properly configured, Social Engagement helps companies focus on important aspects of their business by providing powerful tools and features that can have a great impact on productivity and efficiency.
As Social Engagement is offered literally for free by Microsoft, it does not cost a thing to configure and integrate. So why not leverage the many benefits this application provides and integrate with your company Dynamics 365 to introduce your content and promotions to new prospects and further create awareness for your business on social media and beyond?