We get it—you always want the best cloud experience for your customers and want to provide them with the smoothest migration from one cloud environment to another. You have two amazing tools at your disposal: BitTitan and SkyKick. Which do you choose?
If you’re not sure, then this article is for you. A lot goes into deciding which tool will provide more value to your clients. For example, how do you migrate your clients from their current cloud environment to Microsoft 365 quickly, effectively, and securely?
With cloud migration, it’s also about more than just choosing the right tool. It’s absolutely vital that you know exactly what your clients need. You need to identify the best alternative to their current cloud infrastructure, along with the benefits it will bring to them now and in the long run. Otherwise, you’re wasting their time (as well as your own).
Another major consideration in choosing a cloud migration tool is cost. Which migration tool is more cost effective? Is the initial cost worth it if the tool provides more long-term value?
In this article, we’ll answer all those questions and more. We’ll also show you why BitTitan’s MigrationWiz is the superior choice for cloud migrations.
First, let’s take a look at some questions you should consider before you undertake a cloud migration.
How Do You Migrate Clients?
You can migrate your customers manually—that is, move their files, applications, operations, workload, projects, data, etc. manually from on-premises facilities to the cloud (for an on-prem to cloud migration), or de-cloud (move from the cloud to on-prem), and even migrate to a different cloud platform (for cloud-to-cloud migration).
Is It a Good Option for Small- and Large-Scale Businesses?
Manual migration is definitely a no-go for medium- and large-scale businesses. The complex nature of their systems will not allow for a smooth, fast, and effective manual migration.
For example, migrating from a local Exchange server to Microsoft 365 can take as much as 200 steps—from the planning stage to setting up Outlook, cleanup, and testing. This can present a lot of challenges, even for an expert Exchange admin.
All thanks to cloud migration tools like BitTitan and SkyKick, you can now punch a number of keys, rest your feet on the table, sip a drink, and watch as the migration is done for you.
With these two tools, the entire migration process will take just a few hours, reducing the downtime that your clients may experience. They also ensure the complete migration of your resources—files, applications, public folders, mails, workload, and projects—to the new platform.
BitTitan (from MigrationWiz) and SkyKick are the big names in cloud migration. Their value proposition is simple: They help IT professionals conduct smoother transitions. What’s not to love about that?
What should you look for in a cloud migration tool?
It’s important that you know what you’re going into before committing to a cloud platform. The cloud migration tool you finally choose will determine if you’ll provide your clients with a smooth migration experience or make them wish they never hired you in the first place. A good cloud migration tool should:
- Ensure compatibility with the new platform: The architecture of every cloud tool varies. Your migration tool should ensure that the current and new cloud environment are compatible.
- Conduct a complete migration: Your client’s resources should be completely moved from their current facility into the new cloud environment.
- Be secure: Migrations are usually done over a private network or the open internet, so the connection has to be secure to prevent data loss.
- Be quick: What is a cloud migration tool if it doesn’t reduce downtime and ensure that your client’s business can resume operations as quickly as possible? If it takes too long, your client may lose precious revenue.
- Be easy to use: You don’t want a migration tool that requires a whole new learning curve. The whole point of automating this process is to make things simpler, not more difficult.
BitTitan vs. SkyKick
See what we think about the performance of BitTitan vs. SkyKick, especially why we love BitTitan (and why your clients will love it, too!).
Why cloud admins use SkyKick
IT professionals who specialize in Microsoft 365 use SkyKick for their migration because it’s specifically built for that target platform, automating the entire process from start to finish. SkyKick allows system admins to audit and plan their migration strategy. The tool also facilitates lossless data transfer and a positive end-user experience. SkyKick can be used by small-, medium-, and large-scale businesses.
Why few IT professionals Use SkyKick
Unfortunately, SkyKick only works for Microsoft 365 migrations. What happens when you want to migrate from multiple sources to multiple destinations? You resume your hunt for the right tool all over again, and that’s a waste of time and money.
SkyKick also fails to satisfy with its user interface. It doesn’t have the easy-to-use features that you’d expect from a cloud migration tool and doesn’t perform effectively with very large user migrations.
Why we recommend BitTitan’s MigrationWiz
Migrationwiz helps you set up, configure, and initiate your client’s mailbox, documents, personal archives, and public folder projects from a single, centralized user interface. Unlike SkyKick, BitTitan has no restriction on source or destination. Think of it as a universal migration tool for all of your cloud resources, both for on-prem and cloud-to-cloud migrations.
While MigrationWiz may be a bit more costly than SkyKick, it pays off in dividends thanks to the value it provides you and your clients. MigrationWiz is:
- Multi-source and multi-destination: This means you can move from one cloud environment to another regardless of their architectural differences. With SkyKick, your hands are tied—the only supported target platform is Microsoft 365.
- Simple, centralized user interface: This alone makes MigrationWiz an outstanding choice. No extra training or learning is required to use BitTitan’s software. MigrationWiz gives you complete control over the migration process while simplifying many of the tasks for you. For example, all necessary scripting (needed for permission and access) is already in place—simply create accounts on both ends, and you’re good to go.
- Fast and scalable: With MigrationWiz, you don’t have a time limit for the migration, and your clients experience minimal downtime. It’s also far more scalable than SkyKick. You get enterprise-grade on-demand services for businesses of varying sizes, unlimited concurrent migrations, customizable email notifications, project sharing and action logging, and high data fidelity. All of this ensures a friction-free migration and a worthwhile investment. MigrationWiz is designed to seamlessly transfer data at scale from one cloud environment to another.
- Reliable and Secure: When you purchase MigrationWiz, you’ll get access to a vast knowledge base and the expert team at BitTitan to help you overcome any migration hurdles you encounter. BitTitan’s data centers are also compliant with the following regulations (and more): ISO/IEC 27001/ 27002:2013, SOC 1, Type 2 and SOC 2 Type 2, PCI DSS Level 1, HIPAA/HITECH, CJIS, CSA CCM, and FERPA.
BitTitan: cloud migrations made easy
With all of these considerations in mind, it’s a no-brainer why BitTitan’s MigrationWiz is our favorite cloud migration tool. It does exactly what you’d expect it to without getting in your way.
Even with a tool like this at your disposal, you don’t want to undertake a migration process on your own in case you run into unexpected problems. A reliable cloud partner like Sherweb can help you achieve your migration goals and make sure your company has just what it needs to operate successfully in the cloud.
Got questions? We have the answers. Get in touch with one of our reps to learn more about how Sherweb can help you with your migration needs.