To say the past year was full of unexpected challenges would be a gross understatement. And yet, there isn’t really a single phrase that can do the last 365 days justice. For our part, however, we can say that it was a year of perseverance.
Despite obvious ups and downs—hello, pandemic—Sherweb helped its partner network succeed on several fronts, from deploying remote work solutions to introducing new value-added services. We even managed to bring home a few awards along the way. Of course, 2020 brought with it many challenges on many fronts, but for our annual review we’re focusing on the positive. Let’s say goodbye and good riddance!
Let’s get this out of the way: how Sherweb responded to COVID-19
When most of the world went into some form of lockdown in March, the Sherweb team worked quickly to ensure our services and internal processes were operating as usual for the benefit of both our partner network and employees. Immediate action was taken, and these measures are still in place today as we continue to adapt to new ways of working and interacting with one another despite ongoing health concerns.
At the same time, we also went to work developing plans for how to best serve our partners in the face of increasing economic uncertainty.
COVID-19 Resource Hub
Our primary concern during throughout this pandemic has been the wellbeing of our extended partner network. While we took steps to protect our internal teams to secure both our health and service delivery, we simultaneously acted to support Sherweb partners in any way possible. Enter our COVID-19 Resource Hub.
Complete with product information for remote work solutions and strategic aids for helping MSPs and other cloud businesses cope with new challenges brought on by the pandemic, the COVID-19 Resource Hub was designed to help partners weather the storm. We also hosted numerous emergency webinars and consultation sessions to educate partners on what Sherweb could do to help them out.
Can we get off this ride yet?
As living in the midst of a global pandemic has become the new normal for most of us, we’re still determined to help partners thrive in any environment. While we’re definitely ready to say goodbye to this year, we’ll take all that we learned with us into 2021 in our mission to helping partners achieve more for their business.
With that pesky pandemic business out of the way, on to some other highlights of 2020!
New products, solutions and value-added services
Every year Sherweb introduces new products, solutions and services to its cloud portfolio. Building on a foundation of success laid in previous years, we accomplished many goals we set for ourselves as an organization in 2020 with regards to offering more for Sherweb partners. Here are a few examples of how we enriched our services for both partners and their clients:
As part of our efforts to make life as easy as possible for partners and their clients, Sherweb’s Managed Cloud offering offloads cloud server and infrastructure management to our qualified experts. Focused on reducing IT costs and tech labour for customers, Managed Cloud and related services save time and money while maintaining excellent security and support.
New API and integrations
In keeping with making life easier for partners, Sherweb made additional integrations and PSA tools available through its dedicated partner portal, including Tigerpaw, Kaseya, QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop. In addition to these, Sherweb also unveiled its own API to help partners further simplify their billing processes, among other functions.
Performance Cloud powered by VMware
Featuring predictable, fixed-cost plans and unparalleled support, Sherweb’s in-house cloud server solution was reintroduced in 2020 as Microsoft Teams. Sherweb’s Managed Teams Voice solution makes it easy for partners to offer clients calling capabilities through Microsoft’s flagship chat and video-conferencing app. As we continue to work and collaborate remotely, there’s no doubt that voice, video and chat solutions will remain critical in the coming year.
Partner success was another big focus for Sherweb in 2020. Our new Marketing Program was created to help partners improve their marketing efforts, increase lead generation and maximize every sales opportunity. With training and assets to launch effective campaigns, the Marketing Program represents a new value-added service to propel partner growth.
Security Foundation Assessment
Cybersecurity lurks in a dark corner of every IT provider’s mind these days—as it should! But we understand that not everyone knows where to start when it comes to offering clients security solutions. We developed out Security Foundation Assessment to address this issue. Comprehensive and free to use, Sherweb’s assessment gives partners the ability to identify and address gaps in their clients’ (and their own!) cybersecurity setup.
Pivoting to virtual events
Sherweb’s partner network is widespread across North America and beyond, so we certainly weren’t strangers to video calls and webinars. As we all know, however, 2020 took virtual events to a new level. Our own Accelerate Cloud Summit was hosted virtually, and many of the conferences and tradeshows we attended were the same. But that doesn’t mean they were any less meaningful!
Events we attended this year
- TechnoPlanet Reseller Choice Awards (this was actually in person, in the before time)
- IBPI Annual Meeting
- Robin Robins IT Sales and Marketing Boot Camp
- ChannelNEXT Virtual
- SMCorp Annual Conference
- Acronis Global Cyber Summit
- IT Nation Connect
Events we hosted this year
- Partner Connect: These virtual calls gave partners the opportunity to share information and ideas with one another on a given topic, such as ongoing challenges related to the pandemic, or cybersecurity concerns.
- Partner Advisory Council (PAC): Our annual event where we gather feedback from engaged Sherweb partners to inform priorities for our partner network in the coming year.
- Security Seminars: Hosted in June and September, our security seminars featured expert guest speakers from Bitdefender, CompTIA and SocialProof Security, and covered topics such as zero trust, hacking and best cybersecurity practices.
- Accelerate Cloud Summit: Although we were unable to meet with partners in person for our annual event, Accelerate 2020 still provided valuable takeaways and strategic business advise for MSPs and Sherweb partners. Accelerate 2020 was also organized in three stages this year, to keep the conversation going. Check out our MBA for MSPs program to learn more!
Sherweb was extremely fortunate to take home some awards in 2020 as well. These achievements validate the work we do for our partners and the channel, but also push us to work harder and build on what we’ve accomplished in the past. Awards Sherweb won this year include:
- Channel Partner Insight – Best MSP Partner Program
- Channel Partner Insight – Cloud Partner Program of the Year
- Acronis #CyberFit Partner of the Year – Canada
- Channel Partner Alliance – Supporting Partner
- Microsoft Canada 2020 IMPACT Awards – Indirect Cloud Solution Provider (finalist)
- Fifty Five and Five – The Top 50 Microsoft Partners (#6)
Interviews and media mentions
We were also fortunate to be featured in a few articles and interviews this year. Check us out—we feel like we’re famous!
- 5 Québec businesses that have their sights set on innovation — and the world (C2)
- Podcast: Zero Trust and Microsoft 365 Cybersecurity for MSPs (ChannelE2E)
- Marc-André Fontaine – Sherweb is empowering Canadian MSPs to be their best in Sales and Marketing (Caught by Surprise with Gui Carvalhal)
- ‘Almost half of channel partners don’t have a business plan – that’s scary’ – Video Q&A with Sherweb VP of sales and marketing Marc André Fontaine (Channel Partner Insight)
See you in 2021
And that’s a wrap on 2020! We know it was a tough one for many of us out there, which is why taking the time to celebrate our collective achievements is all the more important. As we head into 2021, we look forward to continuing to help partners adapt to new and challenging environments, provide value to their clients and grow their business. We hope to see you there! Best wishes for a prosperous New Year.