SherWeb is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain personal data by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
SherWeb may change this Privacy Notice from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
1. Scope of this Privacy NoticeWith the exception of Account Information and other information we collect in connection with your registration or authentication into our Services, this Privacy Notice does not apply to our security and privacy practices in connection with your access to and use of SherWeb Services. These security and privacy practices are detailed in and governed by our Service Data Privacy Statement. and our Master Service Agreement, available here, or such other applicable agreement between you and SherWeb relating to your access to and use of such Services (collectively referred to as the “MSA”).
2. Information That You Provide Us
Account Information Customers are asked to provide certain personal information when they sign up for our Services including name, address, telephone number, billing information (such as a credit card number), and the type of personal computer being used to access the Services. The personal information collected from Customers during the registration process is used to manage the Customers’ Account (such as for billing purposes). This information is not shared with third parties, unless specifically stated otherwise or in special circumstances. However, in instances where SherWeb and a Partner (as defined in the Partner Master Service Agreement) jointly promote the Services, SherWeb may provide the Partner certain personal information, such as the name, address, and username of persons who subscribed to the Services as a result of the joint promotion for the sole purpose of allowing us and the partner to assess the results of the promotion. In this instance, personal data may not be used by the Partner for any other purpose. SherWeb may also generate non-identifying and aggregate profiles from personal data Customers provide during registration (such as the total number, but not the names, of Customers). As explained in more detail below, we may use this aggregated and non-identifying information to sell ads that appear on our website or other sites.
Other Submissions We collect personal data that you voluntarily provide us through the website, for example when you request a free trial or demo, request information about our products or services, register for a webinar, contact us, subscribe to our email newsletter, download content (e.g. whitepapers).
3. Information That We Collect From You on our Website
LogsWe gather certain information and store it in log files when you interact with our website. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, URLs of referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, information you search for, locale and language preferences, identification numbers associated with your devices, and system configuration information. Occasionally, we connect personal data to information gathered in our log files as necessary to improve our website and personalize your content. In such a case, we would treat the combined information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
AnalyticsWe collect analytics information when you use our website to help us improve the website and related content. We may also share anonymous data about your actions on our website with third-party service providers of analytics services.
4. Information Collected from Third-Party SourcesWe may also obtain information, including personal data, from third parties, e.g., when you request a free trial or demo of our Services, register for a SherWeb webinar or download SherWeb content (e.g. whitepapers) or download or request information related to or similar to our Services from a third-party website. We may combine that with information we collect through our website.
5. How We Use Information That We CollectWe may use the information we collect about you (including personal data, to the extent applicable) for a variety of purposes, including to:
- provide, operate, maintain, improve, and promote our Services;
- enable you to access and use the Services;
- process and complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices;
- send transactional messages, including responses to your comments, questions, and requests; provide customer service and support; and send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- send promotional communications, by email or by phone, such as providing you with information about products and services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, promotions, special offers, contests, events and other information which we think you may find interesting; and
- customize the website according to your interests
- monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the websites and Services and for marketing or advertising purposes;
- investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to the Services, and other illegal activities;
- personalize the website and Services, including by providing features or advertisements that match your interests and preferences; and
- for other purposes for which we obtain your consent.
6. Legal Basis for Processing (EEA only)
If you are an individual from the European Economic Area (EEA), our legal basis for collecting and using the personal data will depend on the personal data concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will normally collect personal data from you only where: (a) we have your consent to do so, (b) where we need the personal data to perform a contract with you (e.g. to deliver the Services you have requested), or (c) where the processing is in our or a third party’s legitimate interests (and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms). In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal data from you, or may otherwise need the personal data to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
Where we rely on your consent to process the personal data, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time. Please note that this does not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
If we ask you to provide personal data to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal data is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal data). Similarly, if we collect and use your personal data in reliance on our (or a third party’s) legitimate interests which are not already described in this Notice, we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
7. How we Protect Personal Data
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard and secure the personal data we process. We have built our website using industry-standard encryption and authentication tools to protect the security of personal data.
We also use technological measures such as secure routers and firewalls to help protect personal data. Information collected through the website is encrypted before it travels over the Internet using industry-standard technology for conducting secure online transactions. Unfortunately, because of its nature, we cannot guarantee against the loss or misuse of personal data transmitted over the Internet.
If, despite all our efforts, a data breach does occur, we shall do everything in our power to limit the damage. In case of a data breach which is likely to result in a high risk, and depending on the circumstances, we will inform you about remedial actions to prevent any further damage. We always inform the relevant supervisory authority or authorities without undue delay.
- Help you in navigation on our website, improve your browsing experience and personalize content and ads;
- Help you in opening an account, service subscription, registration to our events, login, and your ability to provide feedback;
- Analyzing your use of our website and improve our content;
- Assisting with our promotional and marketing efforts (including behavioural advertising)
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any personal data about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Below is a detailed list of the cookies we use on our website. Our website is scanned with our cookie scanning tool regularly to maintain a list as accurate as possible. We classify cookies in four (4) categories:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
- Performance Cookies
- Functional Cookies
- Targeting Cookies
If you are an individual from the European Economic Area (EEA) you can opt out of each cookie category (except strictly necessary cookies) by clicking on the “cookie settings” button below:
Strictly Necessary Cookie
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site may not work then.
- Google Tag Manager
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our site.
- Google Analytics
- Hot Jar
These cookies allow the provision of enhance functionality and personalization, such as videos and live chats. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies, then some or all of these functionalities may not function properly.
These cookies are set through our site by our advertising partners. They are used to gather information about your activities on our website and other sites in order to build a profile of your interests and suggest advertisements based upon your browsing activities and interests on our website or other sites. They work by uniquely identifying your browser and device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will not experience our targeted advertising across different websites.
Other Tracking Technologies
We also may use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients. This information is used to enable more accurate reporting, improve the effectiveness of our marketing, and make our Services and Websites better for our users.
9. Sharing Your Personal Data
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal data to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may share and disclose your personal data in the following limited circumstances:
Vendors, consultants and other suppliers
We may disclose your personal data to our vendors, consultants or suppliers whom we engage to perform services on our behalf in connection with the purposes identified above. In such cases, our vendors, consultants or suppliers will be obligated to use that personal data only in accordance with our specific instructions and in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Notice. These companies include, for example, our payment processing providers, marketing automation provider, website analytics companies, product feedback or help desk software providers, Chat platform providers, CRM service providers, email service providers and others.
We may disclose your personal data without your permission to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
10. International TransfersWe may transfer the information we collect about you to countries other than the country where we originally collected it for the purposes of storage and processing of data and operating our services. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as your country. However, when we transfer your information to other countries, we will protect that information as described in this Privacy Notice and take steps, where necessary, to ensure that international transfers comply with applicable laws.
11. Your Privacy Rights
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal data in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal data for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by updating your email preferences through SherWeb Email Preferences Center.
You may request details of personal data which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any personal data we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any personal data found to be incorrect.
Marketing Communications You can opt out of receiving marketing communications from us by updating your email preferences through SherWeb Email Preferences Center or following the unsubscribe instructions included in our marketing communications.
Cookies For information on how to opt out of each cookie category (except strictly necessary cookies), for individuals from the European Economic Area (EEA), please refer to the Cookie Section of this Privacy Notice.
13. How Long We Retain Your Personal Data We will not retain your personal data longer than necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting or other legal requirements). How long we retain your personal data depends on the type of data and the purpose for which we process your data. If we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal data, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal data has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal data and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
14. How to Contact SherWebPlease feel free to contact us if you have any questions about SherWeb’s Privacy commitments or practices. You may contact us at email@example.com or at our mailing address below:
- SHERWEB INC.
- Attn: Compliance Manager
- 95 South Jacques-Cartier Blvd, Suite 400
- Sherbrooke (QC) Canada
- J1J 2Z3
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org