Microsoft 365 Business Premium offers the most value-added benefits. The service is an oasis for small to medium size businesses (SMBs). And having so much access to the Microsoft ecosystem is a foundation for businesses of every budget and scale. However, for SMBs specifically, where businesses previously could not previously imagine adopting a remote workforce Business Premium and its offerings are providing a lifeline in this constantly transitional and transformational age of working.
The Business Premium assets are so strong that we wanted to take the opportunity to highlight one of the most foundational features of this Microsoft 365 Business tier. Security is a priority for every business size these days. You don’t need to be a massive corporotation to want to maintain control of your your data and customer information.
Ready to delve a little deeper to the extensive security feature offerings within Microsoft Business Premium?
Microsoft 365 Business Premium has built-in security that reinforces your cyber threat defense.
Security isn’t just a main focal point because of the media surrounding the latest data breaches and cyber threats. While initiatives are made to focus on the larger vested interested like hopsital ransomware attacks and the danger to the general public that doesn’t mean the SMB should be forgotten. And Microsoft agrees. With Business Premium access controls and other data loss preventative measures are at the fingertips of the SMBs.
Data loss prevention should be a priority for us all. Our information is constantly being put out into the ethereal in ways we can’t control. And as basic consumers we rely on the businesses we trust to protect us and in turn protect themselves.
Microsoft 365 Business Premium security features breakdown
As an integrated cloud-based solution, bringing together productivity apps from the Microsoft ecosystem and collaboration tools Business Premium is so much more than just a collection of Office apps. The device management capabilities and built-in security make this plan an elite offering for SMBs.
The price may be a little steep for smaller SMBs but there is no real price tag on the peace of mind that the accessible security within Business Premium has to offer. With the cloud-based enhanced visibility a company’s digital footprint on phones, tablets, and computers ensures that all corporate and personal devices are as secure as possible.
Microsoft 365 Business Premium has an abundance of security features to help businesses prevent ransomware and cyberattacks. Structured around 3 different areas Microsoft 365 Business Premium’s built-in security has:
Business Premium offers two forms of threat protection. Both are cloud based, which allows for devices across you entire network to sync. Staying connected in a small business isn’t just about communication. It’s about making sure your data is never compromised. And off-premises devices pose an even bigger risk, if left unchecked. Microsoft 365 knows this and is not playing games with your livlihood!
- Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) – Advanced Threat Protection is a cloud-based email filtering feature that uses AI to protect businesses from a range of cyber threats. ATP Safe Links protects employees from malicious embedded URLs in emails or documents while ATP Safe Attachments protects employees from malware and viruses attached to messages or documents.
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) – With the influx of millions of fraudulent sign-in attempts every day on Microsoft’s cloud services, implementing MFA has quickly become a requirement for doing business online. Microsoft 365 Business Premium comes equipped with built-in MFA that requires employees to present a second form of authentication, such as a verification code or physical token, to confirm their identity before accessing resources within their cloud.
Business Premium’s data protection features help organizations safeguard their business-critical data. As well as, ensure only authorized personnel has continued access to it. Even though cyber defense is the priority, there are a multitude of added benefits of data protection and control.
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP) – DLP policies help organizations identify and protect business-sensitive information including Social Security numbers and credit card numbers as well as medical records. You can create and implement a data loss prevention policy tailored to your organization’s security needs. These policies need to be put in place manually by administrators.
- Message Encryption – Microsoft 365 Business Premium’s built-in message encryption combines encryption and access rights capabilities to ensure only intended recipients can view the contents of the message. Message encryption is compatible with email services including Outlook.com, Yahoo!, Gmail, and more.
- Exchange Online Archiving – Microsoft 365 Business Premium comes equipped with Exchange Online Archiving, a cloud-based archiving and data recovery solution that is compatible with Microsoft Exchange or Exchange Online. This feature supports organizations in archiving, compliance, regulatory, and eDiscovery challenges by providing advanced archiving capabilities including holds and data redundancy. Businesses can leverage archiving to provide secure, long-term cloud storage that meets regulatory compliance requirements.
Cyber threats are a nightmare scenario. Even something as mildly troublesome as a disgruntled employee seeking revenge make access and control extremely valuable. Business Premium offers device management features that allow administrators visibility and control. For example, limit or grant access to employees with enrolled devices. It’s important to be mindful that data leaks can come from anywhere and businesses need to protect themselves from everyone.
- Conditional Access Policies – Businesses can utilize conditional access policies to specify access restrictions based on several factors. These factors include the time of day, device type, location, and more.
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) – Organizations can create and manage personal device policies to help prevent data loss and manage employee mobile devices. Admins can reset a device to its factory settings for distribution to a new employee. Adminstrators can also remotely wipe devices that have been lost or stolen to remove all sensitive company data. Compliance profiles allow businesses to enforce security settings. This means having a PIN code requirement on a device that has access to company data.
- BitLocker Encryption – An additional layer of security utilizing a Trusted Platform Module (TPM Chip), to encrypt data on a device. Without the BitLocker key present, the data is unreadable to a 3rd party.
- Automatic Updates – Keepemployee devices up to date on security features and updates. Configure automatic updates on a defined schedule.
These core areas of Microsoft 365 Business Premium come together to form an organized and inclusive cyber threat defense. Strengthen your businesses’ security stance and keeps sensitive data secure from online threats and unauthorized access.
Join Sherweb’s partner program for tailored guidance through the Microsoft partner ecosystem and consider partnering with trusted cloud specialists to ensure Microsoft 365 Business is professionally implemented, managed, and customized to meet all your business’s unique needs.