Is your business going through the motions of adopting the cloud, or are you harnessing its transformative potential to help you thrive in the digital age—you know, rather than just survive it?
Let’s face it, harnessing the power of cloud technology is not just a convenience—it’s a necessity to remain competitive, secure, and innovative in the digital-driven world as we know it. Plus, it’s easy on the checkbook. Choosing cloud migration lets businesses offload routine maintenance tasks, focus more on core competencies, and adapt more rapidly to market changes, ultimately leading to massive strides in infrastructure management. But where do you begin this transformative journey?
Allow us to introduce you to the Azure Migrate and Modernize (AMM) Program, the solution to modernizing your business infrastructure without breaking a sweat.
The Evolution of Azure to AMM
Businesses often grapple with infrastructure challenges, like the need to scale up, ensure security and compliance in a rapidly changing threat landscape and deal with those legacy systems that can be real innovation roadblocks.
Enter Azure AMM ↗, a Microsoft program that was born as Azure Migrate ↗ back in 2017. At its core, it was all about simplifying the migration of on-premises applications and workloads to the Azure cloud platform. It provided nifty assessment and planning tools to make this transition smoother than ever. But here’s where it gets interesting—it evolved. And voilà! The star of the show, Azure Migrate became Azure Migrate and Modernize
AMM transformed into a comprehensive program packing a punch with more capabilities than ever before. We’re talking assessments, partner incentives, and support for workloads like high-performance computing (HPC), Oracle, Linux, SAP, and mainframe migrations. It no longer just helped you move; it helped you modernize, giving your applications and infrastructure in Azure a makeover for increased agility and innovation.
What’s new in Azure Migrate and Modernize?
Now that we’ve set the stage, let’s talk about what’s cooking in AMM’s latest updates:
Deeper Insights into the support posture of your IT estate:
It’s like having a one-stop shop. You get all the guidance you need—assessments, proof of concepts (PoCs), pilots, tooling and more. Additionally, there’s deployment assistance—for an overall optimized approach from A to Z.
Proven Technical Frameworks:
Think of these as your blueprints for success. The Cloud Adoption Framework (CAF) and Well-Architected Framework (WAF) help you design optimized workloads with security and cost recommendations woven in.
Free Automated Tooling:
Ever had an assistant who did everything for you? AMM offers a suite of tools, from discovery to assessment, business case analysis, planning, etc. all at your fingertips.
Access to Experts:
You’re not alone on this journey. Microsoft experts are your trusty guides from planning to deployment. They provide assessments, total cost of ownership (TCO) analysis, cloud adoption approaches, workshops, and even deployment expertise to simplify your migration.
Complex workloads? No problem. AMM has specialized partners available for those, but Microsoft-led delivery, thanks to its rapid rehost migrations gets the job done faster and cheaper.
Specialized Partner Funding:
AMM is investing more in its partner ecosystem, ensuring you always have access to expert help when you need it most.
The AMM program’s latest offerings can help with a wide range of cloud adoption needs, from migrating or modernizing Windows Server & SQL Server to Linux, Oracle, SAP, HPC, analytics, AI, and lots more.
The benefits of Azure Migrate and Modernize
Azure Migrate and Modernize ↗ can streamline the migration and modernization process by providing a comprehensive set of tools, best practices and resources to simplify planning, execution and optimization of workloads in the Azure cloud.
Now, let’s talk about the good stuff you’ll enjoy once you embrace AMM:
- Cost Savings: AMM helps you bid farewell to capital expenditures by migrating on-premises workloads to the Azure cloud. Say goodbye to costly hardware and maintenance and hello to flexible pay-as-you-go pricing models to optimize costs.
- Scalability: Businesses can leverage Azure’s scalable infrastructure to easily adjust resources based on demand, ensuring they have the computational power needed to support workload fluctuations.
- Enhanced security: Azure provides robust security features and compliance certifications, and with AMM’s guidance, businesses can strengthen their security posture, benefiting from Microsoft’s extensive investments in cybersecurity and threat protection.
- Modernization: AMM nudges you towards digital transformation, offering guidance on optimizing applications databases, and infrastructure in Azure, enabling businesses to take advantage of cloud-native technologies for improved efficiency and innovation. It’s like getting a tech makeover.
- Innovation: With AMM, you can deploy and scale applications in a flash, fostering innovation and speeding up your time-to-market for new products and services.
- Business continuity: Azure offers built-in disaster recovery solutions, ensuring data availability and minimal downtime during unexpected events. A true lifesaver and a critical advantage in a world where business continuity is everything.
- Advanced services: Businesses can access a wide range of Azure services, including AI, machine learning, IoT and advanced analytics, allowing them to harness the power of cutting-edge technologies.
- Compliance: AMM provides a robust set of compliance and governance tools and assists businesses in aligning with industry-specific regulations and internal policies.
- Ongoing support: Azure keeps you updated, patched, ensuring that businesses remain up-to-date and protected against evolving threats.
Getting started with Azure Migrate and Modernize
For many businesses, the key to unlocking AMM’s full potential lies in expert guidance, and Sherweb is here to offer you that expertise.
Schedule a call ↗ with our migration specialist today to discover personalized solutions that will transform your business operations.