With more and more organizations migrating their operations to the cloud, the need for native cloud-based applications has grown in recent years. Managed service providers (MSPs) need a robust solution that offers their customers features, such as customer relationship management (CRM) and enterprise resource planning (ERP).
Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a comprehensive cloud-based application that provides MSPs with the features they need to offer a robust service to its customers. There are many Dynamics 365 partners out there. However, it is common for MSPs to feel like they are in uncertain territory when searching for the right reseller.
This is where the partner-to-partner (P2P) program, introduced by Sherweb in 2017, is invaluable. This program provides an effective and efficient way for the Dynamics 365 reseller to partner with the right MSP. Together, the reseller and MSP can set up Dynamics 365 with the appropriate structure for the MSP client’s specific needs. This arrangement comes with a host of benefits.
Advantages of D365 P2P pairing
The P2P arrangement is versatile and scalable, offering many incredible advantages to both Dynamics 365 partners and MSPs. Some of these are unique to the reseller or MSP, and some are shared by both partners.
The Dynamics 365 reseller typically deals with two to three specific verticals within the suite of business applications offered by Dynamics 365. Through the P2P program, Sherweb matches them with MSPs that share the same or similar verticals. This eliminates the guesswork that can come with finding the right MSP.
When a reseller joins the P2P program, they are provided with approximately four new leads per year. These leads are generated by the MSP partners or via direct request. A large scale of leads are provided, and the only limit to what the reseller can provide is determined by a specific MSP partner’s capacity.
When the reseller can work with MSPs that share similar specialties, it brings increased opportunities to sell and upsell the Dynamics 365 application. Also, all leads are pre-scoped to ensure only quality leads are selected. At Sherweb, we scope for:
- The type of project, to ensure the MSP partner is a good match
- The specific needs of the partner, to ensure the reseller can meet those needs
- The scale of the project
When switching from Microsoft CSP to Sherweb, a reseller may experience a marginal loss. However, this loss is insignificant when compared with the gains made by the advantages of working with Sherweb.
Sherweb’s pre-scoping of partners is just one of the benefits why resellers trust Sherweb. Add to this Sherweb’s experience and expertise working with partners, and you have a winning combination.
Partners with Sherweb will enjoy:
- Licensing and provisioning easily accessed via a single, user-friendly partner portal
- Access to unprecedented sales, pre-sales, and technical support that includes highly skilled technicians and architects who can help you work through complex issues
- Access to hundreds of training resources that will help your organization reach its full potential and seamlessly shift to digital
- A toolbox that provides everything you need to run top-quality sales and marketing initiatives
All this is available in a tiered pricing structure. It allows you to start at the level that suits the size of your business and scale as your business grows.
MSPs can rely on the P2P program to ensure they are partnered with a reseller that can help them tailor their Dynamics 365 offering to suit their clients’ needs. The partners work closely together to ensure the client is well taken care of. The MSP gets to keep the client and the licensing rights, and the reseller gets the service fee. It is a win-win for everyone.
It is important to note that this partnership works on a gentlemen’s agreement. Partners are expected to respect this agreement and can be removed from the program if they do not.
Advantages for both partners
Aside from the fact that both resellers and MSPs can rest assured they are matched with a Dynamics 365 partner that suits their needs, they will enjoy a few other advantages with the P2P program.
The first is the onboarding process, which provides each partner with an assessment of the other’s business. This assessment includes a full business review to identify the opportunities available to the partnership to help each of them grow.
Both partners also enjoy VIP status with Sherweb. This provides them with:
- An account manager
- Access to Sherweb’s entire partner network
- Growth acceleration for their business
- A better relationship between partners than may be attainable should the reseller and MSP partner under different circumstances
- The ability to effectively expand their skillset by bringing the skills of the partner aboard
How P2P works for Dynamics 365 partners
P2P allows all stakeholders to make the most of their investment in Dynamics 365. Sherweb has more than 6,000 MSP customers, which provides more potential business opportunities to resellers. The process for matching partners and setting up a working relationship is straightforward:
- When an MSP wants Dynamics 365, Sherweb locates a suitable reseller to partner with and helps establish a connection between potential partners.
- Once the reseller is in contact with the MSP, they work together to set up the service structure so the MSP’s client can access Dynamics 365.
- Sherweb monitors the P2P pairing to ensure each partner is fulfilling their responsibilities.
- The MSP maintains the recurring licensing rights and the customer. They work with the reseller to determine how the customer will be billed and whether the reseller will be paid a finder’s fee or benefit from a markup on the service.
Ultimately, Sherweb’s P2P program is a highly effective way to bring together Dynamics 365 resellers and MSPs that want to provide Dynamics 365 to their customers. This is critical at a time when MSPs want to become fully cloud-based and offer its customers the best that Dynamics 365 has to offer.
For more information on the P2P program, contact us now.