There’s no doubt G Suite is a valuable tool for businesses of all sizes. If you’re looking to get the most out of G Suite in the workplace, the G Suite Learning Center is an excellent place to get answers. It’s fully packed with training guides, resources for switching from Microsoft, productivity tips, customer examples—everything you need to master G Suite in the workplace.
Last year, Google revamped its G Suite Learning Center, adding more customer-friendly features, such as:
- An Announcements tab with lists of new and updated Learning Center guides
- An Onboarding checklist for new G Suite users
- A search button to get the right answers in no time
- Guides you can print, save as PDFs, or customize in Google Docs and Slides
Here’s an overview of how the Learning Center is designed along with seven features to help you work faster, smarter, and more collaboratively.
#1 Learn the basics
Whether you’re a G Suite first-time user or a reseller looking for ways to make adoption easier for your clients, the Learning Center is here to help you along the way.
If you need to organize your new workspace on your first day, you can check out the G Suite checklist for new users. You’ll find 5 step-by-step guides on how to:
Day 1: Set up your internet browser, email, and calendar
Week 1: Customize your workspace
Week 2: Have productive meetings and communications
Week 3: Share and collaborate with files
Week 4: Run efficient projects
Week 5: Increase your productivity
#2 Learn by product
This feature explains how to make the most of all G Suite Apps. Learn how to set up your business email, use the online file storage, share calendars, and conduct video meetings. There are training guides for these products:
- Cloud Search
#3 Use at work
G Suite users can easily explore ideas for working together and running their business, shared by customers from all over the world. The information is divided into three main categories:
- Learn by industry
- The industries covered are finance, healthcare, law, manufacturing, media and entertainment, nonprofits, professional services, and retail.
- Learn by role
- Find out the best tips for those working in administration, digital marketing, human resources, project management, research and development, sales and marketing, technical support, UX design, visual design, and web development.
- Learn by tasks
- Get ready for some great productivity ideas on how to get up to speed after time off, plan and manage projects, analyze data, write strong proposals, go paperless, optimize your inbox, and clean up data.
Learn how to collaborate with decision-makers, delegate work, plan and hold a meeting, as well as helpful tips for brainstorming, building virtual teams, creating great presentations, improving communication, onboarding team members, and how to work with non-G Suite users.
#4 Cloud Search training and help
The Cloud Search feature lets you find content across Google products, contact details, schedule-based recommendations, and more. Learn how to:
- Open Cloud Search
- Perform your search
- Customize your search
- Get help with files and meetings
- Manage account activity
#5 Get quick tips
Are you looking to transform the way you and your clients work with Google Apps?
G Suite’s Learning Center has a dedicated library with great ways to auto-organize your inbox, create shared team calendars, set up effective project plans, broadcast live events, and more. Get trained on how to:
- Automatically label and sort incoming messages with filters
- Automate responses to common messages
- Create multiple signatures using canned responses
- Create a team calendar
- Switch to Docs from Word
- Collaborate on text documents live in your browser
- Create and edit pivot tables
- Automate tasks with macros
- Filter spreadsheet data without changing what collaborators see
- Import data from another spreadsheet
- Summarize your data with charts
- Receive instant insights into your data
- Create dynamic project plans with Sheets
- Add flowcharts and diagrams to files
- Insert and edit charts
#6 Guides for switching from Microsoft
The Learning Center provides helpful guides and tips when switching from Microsoft G Suite to make sure you use Google products the right way. Get to the bottom of:
☛ Switching to Gmail from Outlook
Work faster and collaborate better with powerful email features.
☛ Switching to Calendar from Outlook
Use integrated online calendars designed for teams.
☛ Switching to Sheets from Excel
Collaborate on spreadsheets live in your browser.
☛ Switching to Slides from PowerPoint
Work together on presentations in your browser.
☛ Switching to Drive from OneDrive
Store, sync, and share files with ease.
☛ Switching to Hangouts Meet from Skype for Business
Send chat messages and make video calls anytime, anywhere.
#7 Use the Search button
Search the G Suite Learning Center to quickly find the information you need across G Suite services.
Over to You
G Suite is all about making work easier for you and your customers.
If you want to drive G Suite adoption and help people transform their business environment, you need to understand exactly how it works. Make sure you do your homework and visit the G Suite Learning Center. Contact Sherweb today if you’d like to try G Suite!